CPD Hours: 9 Hours
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of pension fund benefits to render financial services to employers and employees.
The course will provide learners with enough knowledge to be familiar with the legal aspects and the relevant legislation pertaining to retirement funds and retirement planning.
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- The Pension Funds Act
- Other relevant legislation
- Role Players in the Employee Benefit Industry
- Products and Service Providers
- Retirement fund Structures
- Investment Strategies
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- the range of financial products forming part of pension fund benefits
- the general characteristics, terms and features of the various components of pension fund benefits
- the fee structures, charges and other costs associated with these products
- general risks associated with purchasing or investing in pension fund benefits
- the appropriateness of a pension fund structure for different clients
- the typical role players in the pension fund industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the impact of economic and environmental factors on pension funds
- the inter-relationship between pension fund benefits and other classes of business
- industry standards and codes
Successful completion of Generic module.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Existing Key Individual’s and Representatives who are under supervision in a sub category.
- Newly appointed Key Individuals and Representatives
- Existing Key Individual’s and Representatives not under supervision as a refresher and to earn CPD hours