CPD Accreditation detail:
Professional Body: Compliance Institute Southern Africa
CPD hour allocation: CPD Hours (online learning): 14 CPD hours
CPD registration number: GiE20190500074
Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the current pre-and post-retirement environment. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the vital issues that impact on retirement, such as taxation, investments, healthcare, estate planning and where to live when retired. It also identifies warning signs to look out for in order to avoid financial troubles after retirement.
The course will provide learners with more than enough knowledge to consider all the relevant factors, in the modern world, when providing advice in a pre-and post-retirement environment.
The following topics are covered:
- How much is enough?
- Threats to secure a retirement
- Buying a pension
- Discretionary Investment Products
- Behavioural finance
- Investing for an income
- Tax and retirement
- Healthcare in retirement
- Civil service pensions
- Social grants
- Woman in retirement
- The psychology of retirement
- Where to live after retirement
- Estate Planning
- What do we forget regarding retirement?
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Existing Key Individual’s and Representatives who want to learn more on the topic of Retirement.
- Newly appointed Key Individuals and Representatives in sub category 1.4 and 1.5.
- Existing Key Individual’s and Representatives as a refresher and to earn CPD hours.
CPD hours will be earned for reading and working through the book "The Ultimate Guide to Retirement in South Africa". You also need to complete all the assessments. There is an assessment for each chapter in the book.
If you have a copy of the book and have read it, you can proceed with the assessments. Once you have completed the assessments succesfully, you will be issued with a CPD certificate.
If you do not have a copy of the book, you can buy the e-book (about R200). The link has been provided under "Modules" of this course. You can also buy a hard copy of the book at one of the major book stores if they have stock.