Learners will gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of all the aspects that are generic to the various classes of business. Instead of repeating the aspects in every course, it is only done once. This course is compulsory and a Class of Business Certificate will only be issues if the Generic Course is successfully completed.
The course will provide learners with knowledge on the following generic topics:
- The FAIS Act
- The different classes of business defined in BN 194 of 2017
- Financial Institutions within the South African financial Services sector
- Industry standards and codes of conducts relevant to the various classes of business
- Economic cycles and environmental factors
- Risks to which classes of business are exposed to
At the end of this course, the learner will have core knowledge of the following:
- general risks associated with the nine classes of business as well as the sub-classes where applicable
- Investment and risk principles to be considered in the various classes of business
- the typical role players in the financial services industry
- the economic and environmental factors that have an impact on the financial services industry
- the impact of applicable legislation
- the inter-relationship between the various classes of business
- industry standards and codes
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- Existing Key Individual’s and Representatives who are under supervision in a particular sub category.
- Newly appointed Key Individuals and Representatives
- Existing Key Individual’s and Representatives not under supervision as a refresher and to earn CPD hours
No minimum requirement.